Department of Sanskrit StudiesOne Research Programme
About the Department
Sanskrit is a repository of unlimited invaluable knowledge of Ancient Indian Heritage. There is an urgent need for knowledge mining from Ancient Sanskrit texts for bridge building between the past and the future through the present. Keeping this in view, a unique research oriented Department of Sanskrit Studies was established in 2006 which will act as an interface between Sanskrit and the sub-fields of the Humanities, Social Science and the Sciences.
- The Department acts as a platform for a new generation of scholars in Sanskrit and Science to emerge as a world class interdisciplinary teaching and research oriented department.
- To build bridges between the Ancient Indian knowledge systems and the current knowledge systems.
- To explore Ancient Sciences and Technologies with a modern perspective to build alternate viable systems for the future.
- To train traditional scholars in order to undertake research in application oriented knowledge mining.
- To collect, preserve, and maintain the manuscripts dealing with Ancient Indian Sciences and Technology.